BOOK A SESSION
You can make a booking with us in three simple ways:
The quickest and easiest way to book a float is online. Through our simple to use booking system you can check availability and choose a convenient slot, just click the button below. You also have the option of choosing if you would like back round music to play during your float session. Stream your own music by simply plugging in your phone to the AUX jack on the wall!
If you are making a booking for you and a friend, you will need to book both float rooms individually with each of your details. You will be returned to this screen after the first booking to complete the second.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com with a time and date suitable for you and we’ll get back to you with a confirmation or the nearest availability within 24hrs.
You can also phone the studio directly at 204-297-6521 and arrange a time to suit you. Please call us if you have any other particular requirements or questions. If there is no answer initially, then we might be dealing with another request and kindly ask you to leave a message, and we will call you back as soon as possible.
FLOAT PROCEDURES & RESTRICTIONS
- Do not use the Float cabin if you have coloured your hair with water-based dye within the last 48 hours as it may cause your hair to lighten and colour to leach into the float
- Avoid shaving or waxing 24 hrs before your session as the high concentration of salt will cause a stinging sensation.
- Avoid Keratin treatments
- Caffeine 2 hours before a session.
- Avoid Eating a large meal right before your session
- Are not under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other illegal substances
- It is inadvisable to float if you suffer from incontinence, serious heart disease, asthma, epilepsy or chronic kidney disease
- Due to the required level of mobility to get into and out of the pod, it is not possible to float if you are disabled (call for further clarification)
- For hygiene reasons, it is not recommended to float if you are menstruating
- If you are pregnant and you have not received permission from your health care practitioner
- If you have kept your contact lenses in
- If you have extremely low blood pressure
- If you have a severe skin condition (eczema) or a contagious disease or infectious skin condition and open/infected wounds
- If you have had chemotherapy (you will need to wait 2 months)